Why Should I Hire An Attorney For Divorce?

Learn More Call: 888-900-9078

Behind on Unpaid Child Support

by admin on January 16, 2011

Are Your Behind on Unpaid Child Support ?

States Get Tough – No Matter the Economy

To attempt to clamp down on the mushrooming amount of unpaid child support, many states have passed laws that allow for interest and fees to be added to delinquent child support accounts. Given the state of the economy, especially here in Sacramento County, and the inability of many to find work, many delinquent parents have lost all hope that they will ever get caught-up on their child delinquent support payments. Parents who become seriously delinquent find that the local District Attorney comes looking for them threatening criminal charges and jail time. This is tantamount to adding insult to injury because most of us have no control over the historically debilitating national economy and severe shortage of jobs.

With unemployment soaring here in Sacramento County, there are a growing number of people who have exhausted their unemployment benefits and simply cannot find work. As they fall farther and farther behind in their court mandated payments is there any reason to believe that won’t be paying child support for the rest of their lives, once they find a job? If you find yourself in this dire situation, a modification could save you ten’s of thousands of dollars of debt that is piling up month by month. Don’t put your head in the sand and hope that it will all go away – it will not!

Contact the Family Law Attorney Vanessa Childs to see about a child support or spousal support modification and put a stop to the bleeding of your current and future earnings. Until you get a modification the payments will continue unabated and your account arrears will build and build. Be pro-active and nip the situation in the bud ASAP!


We're Here For You

Case Evaluation

Unable to call?
After hours?

Please fill out our case evaluation form

Previous post:

Next post: