Why Should I Hire An Attorney For Divorce?

Learn More Call: 888-900-9078

Out of State Child Custody

Taking Child Out of State after Divorce – Out of State Child Custody

Out of State Child Custody Family Law attorney Vanessa Childs represents both California and out-of-state residents in divorce and child custody matters. We understand the intricacies of the overlapping laws relating to divorce, child custody, and modifications. We can help you come to terms when one spouse is considering taking child out of state temporarily or for a permanent relocation.

Taking Child Out of State / Move-Away Custody

Out of State Child Custody – Before a parent with a custody-sharing agreement can move out-of-state with his or her child, the move away must be approved by the court. A number of factors are considered, including:

  • The reason for the move;
  • The distance away from the other parent;
  • The impact on the child;
  • The relationship between the parents; and, the parents’ ability to coparent.

Whether you are looking to move with your child, or you wish to prevent your child from moving out-of-state with their other parent, we can explain your legal rights and options.

Out-of-State Clients

Move-Away CustodyWe can represent non-California residents in California legal proceedings. If you are a parent who is dealing with a child custody issue, and your child is living in California with his or her other parent, we can do whatever is needed to assist you. Similarly, if you are living out-of-state but are involved in a California divorce, we can help. Contact Sacramento County Family Law Attorney Vanessa Childs for more information.

We're Here For You

Case Evaluation

Unable to call?
After hours?

Please fill out our case evaluation form